Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blue and Black

Since the last time you heard from us, we've become experts at handling the whole Snow thing. At its peak, the snow was (in some places in town) 15ft high... small mountains! I had to go on the roof a couple of times and shovel the snow off b/c it was so thick, there was a risk of having it cave in! Ive gotten to the point now where my back doesnt hurt when I shovel the snow for the standard hour in the morning/evening! It's even better when I had to borrow my boss Pulaski (ax/hoe combo) to break the ice on my walkway/driveway!

So you're probably asking yourself, "Self, how do they manage to have fun at all with all that snow?" Well, im glad you asked! We've actually been doing alot lately... we've done our first NW hockey game! Even without any blood, it was still cool. We have game night every Thurs night and also do Brunch with our friends on Sunday. The best thing though is the skiing! We've had some fun the past month. Erin's friends from Thibodaux came up and we had 9 peeps sleeping in our lil house. We had a blast. Spent most of the weekend up on the mountain skiing or in town playing the shuffle board!

So I know you are wondering when Dewee gets a story... well, lately there's been nothing funny other than his ever growing comfort with going outside and chasing snowflakes and staring out the window into the trees just waiting waiting for the day the birds and squirrels come back to play! He also still likes his new friend, the Roomba!

Little tidbits: My Blood pressure has gone considerably down! I cracked my iPhone. Erin's getting driving glasses. I got Guitar Hero(so fun)!

Oh and before i go, this past weekend, my friend from Seattle and his wife came to visit and ski. We went out for dinner on Fri night and on the way, a guy in his huge jacked up bronco was stuck in the middle of the road. Well, i stopped to offer a push but he had already had a friend with him who was going to pull him off the road... well he didnt have a tow rope but i had just bought one a couple of days before(tow ropes are necessity up here!) so i get it out and let him use it. Well, the friend begins to pull the bronco and gets to the parking lot when WHAM! the rope slips from the hook and shoots through the back of the truck pulling the bronco... new truck might i add. I stood in amazement and the only thing I could say was "Well, you can have the rope if it makes you feel any better!" He was cool about it and let me keep my rope... I still cant help but feel for the guy!

Thats all for now. Heres some pics of the snow and skiing. Pics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you. I'm subscribing, and I'm coming to see you...